Tuesday, June 01, 2004

What's that old saying?


It never rains but it pours. Yeah, I think that's the one. There's so much going on right now I'm having trouble remembering that I still have classes to go to (not to mention papers to write and finals to study for). At this point I'm having to seriously consider postponing my visit to California in order to deal with this whole moving thing. I was really looking forward to coming down, going to graduation, and seeing all of you wonderful family folks, but I think I may have to reschedule. Grrrr.... I don't have anything definite yet in terms of moving dates and whatnot, as negotiations are still happening on all sides, so things might still work out. But even if they do, I'm thinking it might just be better for me to stick around here so I can deal with things as they come, rather than having them pile up in my absence. :}

On a brighter note, I looked at another house this morning (Hugo was in a meeting so couldn't come) that's a strong possibility. It's in a lovely location close to Council Crest, and the back deck has an amazing view. Even though it doesn't seem like it, it's quite close to two bus lines, either of which would get me downtown to school faster than my current driving route, which would make me very happy. The place has some interesting little quirks, but it's got a lot of nice things, too, including a huge basement, a crafts room, a lovely sunny breakfast nook, and a hot tub. :) So I turned in our rental application for the place (first in, that's a good sign), Hugo will look at it tomorrow morning, and if all goes well we'll get approved soon after that. I'm crossing my fingers, because I don't want to have to look anymore!

Sorry for the "dumping"-ness of this particular blog. Sometimes I just need to get these things out. And besides, I figured that most of the people I'm planning on seeing in California will be checking my blog at some point in the next week or so, so this is as good a way to reach you all as any.

By the way, Folklife went really well. We got a lot of nice comments about Renegade Rose's dancing, and it certainly felt a lot better than last year, from both an organizational and an expertise standpoint. So that was good. I took a bunch of pictures, but I'm not even going to try to post them any time soon, so you'll just have to wait. :)

No comments: