Monday, June 28, 2004

Lacey and the Prisoner of Reveling Spaniards?


I finally saw Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban! Hugo and I went to see it on Saturday afternoon. My review of it is probably pretty much the same as most people's, so I won't bore you with it. I did think Buckbeak was cool, though. :)

I went to the library yesterday and today (two different branches) and checked out a couple of travel guides for Costa Rica to browse through in preparation for our visit with Quena. I was looking for Harry Potter y la Piedra Filosofál, but it was checked out. I did, however, find La Caseta Mágica, which I thought was an interesting way to translate The Phantom Tollbooth (literally, "the magic stall/booth," but I suppose it's easier than saying "La ilusoria cabina donde se paga el peaje." :) So that should be fun to read while I'm waiting for Harry Potter to come in.

I'm meeting with Gray Eubank, the stage director of this year's Portland Revels, in half an hour to discuss my part in the Revels and his "vision" for it. Hmmm, could be interesting. :) It looks like I'm actually going to be on stage for most of the show, even though the reason it's me on stage rather than anybody else only takes about three minutes toward the end of the second act. Whatever. It'll be fun. Oh, and I don't think I've mentioned this yet -- Hugo is going to be in the Revels this year as well! He auditioned and got accepted into the chorus, so he'll be onstage for most of the show as well. Hooray!

No comments: