Wednesday, January 22, 2003

Ugh. I hate being sick. It's no fun. And I thought I was doing so well fighting off this evil thing that Hugo has had since New Years. But I guess it (or something else) was just too determined to get me. Humph. It came on like a freight train last night while I was making dinner, and by the time we sat down to eat I could barely lift my fork and definitely wasn't in the mood for curry (which, I might mention, was far from a culinary success, which didn't improve my appetite). Needless to say, I didn't go to school today. Which sucks because I missed a physics lab and a math quiz. Ugh. I've spent most of the day in bed, in varying states of consciousness, with a brief visit to the outside world in the early afternoon. This consisted of a trip to Kinkos to photocopy the next two chapters of my physics textbook so I could return the book to the school bookstore for a full refund before the deadline. You see, after I had bought my textbooks from the PCC bookstore I found that I could get them for a lot cheaper through ebay's half.com, so I ordered them. The only problem is that my physics book hasn't arrived yet. So I'm hoping it does before we're through with Chapter 5, otherwise I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the school library. Hugo did take me over to campus this afternoon to return my textbooks and turn in my lab and problem sets, which was very nice of him.

On a happier note, I managed to get refunded for a book that I didn't actually return. The solutions manual for my differential equations book came shrink-wrapped with the books I bought from PCC, but not with the book I bought on the internet. It's really useful sometimes, though, so I figured I'd try to keep it if I could. The lady at the refund desk didn't ask if there was another book with the math book -- she just asked if it was shrink-wrapped, to which I truthfully answered "yes," and then she refunded the whole price. So I got my solutions manual for free. Yay.

I think it's time to stop typing now and maybe go lie down again. Maybe after I make myself some more tea.

No comments: