Thursday, January 23, 2003

I got two packages in the mail today! One was very happy-making -- a whole case of color-drippy candles! Very exciting.

The other package should have been happy-making as well, but instead has me very confused and frustrated and angry. I got all excited about it, because it was obviously the other textbook that I had ordered that I hadn't gotten yet (hence my photocopying my physics book yesterday afternoon). But when I opened it up I found that it was not the expected "Fundamentals of Physics," but another "Differential Equations." I don't get it! Now I have two math books and no physics book, and that doesn't make for a very happy Lacey. Ugh. So now I have to figure out a way to either order the book for somewhere else and hope it arrives in a timely fashion (i.e., before we get to chapter 6), or bite the bullet and buy it back full price from the PCC bookstore. Ugh.

Other than that, it's been a mellow day, if you can classify being sick and out-of-it as mellow. I didn't go to work today, because I don't think it would have been good for anybody. Unfortunately, since I'm only working 20 hours a week, missing one day of work is missing almost half of my hours for the week. Not good. Hopefully I'll be able to make it in tomorrow, as long as I promise not to breathe on anybody. Mom's sending me more Chinese herbs (yay!) and Hugo is buying me tomato soup as I type. Mmmmm....

Time to go back to bed. It's a good thing I like reading.

No comments: