Friday, January 24, 2003

My Hero of the Day

Seth! Who read of my trials and tribulations with the physics textbook, and this morning mailed me his copy of exactly the book I need -- and the extended version, at that! Hooray! It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to return the stupid math book that I got sent (I got a pretty rude automated email response to my complaint which basically told me that they shipped the correct book, I was stupid, and there was nothing I could do about it.) So I'll probably try to sell that one online somehow, or sell it back to the bookstore at the end of the quarter (anybody need a copy of "Differential Equations" second edition? :P ) But at least I won't have to go spend a pile of money on yet another physics book. Yay for loans from nice people. Thanks, Seth!

I went back to work today in an attempt to get a semi-decent number of hours on my timesheet for this week. Not a hard day as this job goes, but far too long for me. I took in a Nalgene bottle full of tea and a roll of toilet paper. That lasted me pretty well through the morning, but my energy just went downhill in the afternoon. By the time I got home I was pretty much done in and just went and crashed on my bed for a while until I could at least enunciate well enough to communicate with moderate success. I'm feeling a bit better now after having slurped some dinner (mmm, smoked salmon spaghetti) and chewing some orange juice (yes, I do mean chewing -- it's good stuph!), but I think I'll still go to bed pretty soon. This cold or whatever it is is definitely progressing, so I don't think it's anything serious. It's just taking me a while to get to a manageable point. Sigh. At least it's weekend-time now, so I have two days to get better (and catch up on homework -- eek!) when I wouldn't be getting paid anyway.

Happy Friday!

No comments: