Thursday, March 10, 2005

One down...


My first (and only real) final exam is done! Hooray! It was actually pretty easy -- he had given us 5 essay questions to prepare for (we only had to write on one of them) and he gave us our choice of all five, so everybody got to pick the one they were most comfortable with. Much nicer than the midterm, where he didn't give us a choice. So that was pretty easy, and best of all, that class is over! Now I can concentrate on my shell project. I have a feeling my project report will be a tad longer than the required 8 pages... maybe more like 15. We'll see. My professor said she thought my project would be a good candidate for presenting at the Student Research Symposium next quarter, where students (undergrads and grads) present their ongoing or completed research projects in poster form for the campus and general community. I thought that was nice, but I'm not sure if I'll do it or not. Again, we'll see.

I celebrated my finished final with a two-hour lunch in the sunshine with my friend Cate, which was highly enjoyable. She's headed to Costa Rica for spring break with her "Geology of Costa Rica" class, so we were talking about Costa Rica a lot. It was fun to recall some of the fun adventures I had there with Graham and Quena -- what a lovely trip that was.

Anyway, I've been in the lab ever since lunch time, so it's time to go home, and do some more work there! :} Happy Thursday!

No comments: