Thursday, March 03, 2005

Happy Days


It all started when I happened upon a four-leafed clover on my way to the bus stop yesterday morning. I was just walking along in the sunshine, looking at all the lovely life growing on the side of the road, and there it was, peeking out at me from the middle of a great big bunch of ordinary clovers. I love the wonderful little things in life that surprise you by popping out when you least expect them. And that was only the first thing that “made my day” yesterday – I got back a homework assignment with a grade of 98/100, and I did really well on the second-to-last bone quiz in my faunal analysis class. I think I’ve finally got the radius and ulna! :P

Today has been a wonderful day as well, by all accounts. No four-leafed clover this morning, but I didn’t need one. I got back another assignment and found I’d gotten an A+! I guess it sometimes helps to choose your professor’s theory to analyze a case study. :P After class I met my friend Paul for lunch, and we spent a glorious hour and a half talking and basking in the sunshine on the roof of the Urban Studies building – a spot that fortunately remains relatively undiscovered so far. It was such a lovely afternoon that neither of us wanted to go back inside and face the work that was waiting for us, so we had a rather long lunch, but it was highly enjoyable and very worth it. I did get a couple of hours’ work in on my final project for my faunal analysis class (read: I spent two hours identifying itsy bitsy shell fragments) before the First Thursday archaeology talk. These talks are usually very interesting and informative, but this one was basically just a slideshow of cool photos – in 3-D! We got to sit in a dark room with those dorky 3-D glasses on and watch a 3-D slideshow of archaeology photos. It was very cool. My favorite picture was one in which there were seagulls flying around in the foreground and background – that looked so neat in 3-D!

Anyway, I’ve had a fabulous couple of days. And all of this following a wonderful weekend with Mom – what a lucky girl I am. : )

No comments: