Monday, March 14, 2005

Cows and Curry and Contras, Oh My!

What a lovely weekend I had with Graham last weekend. It was a short visit, but very fun. I showed him around PSU and took him into the archaeology lab where I spend most of my time these days working on my final shell project and memorizing bones. It was fun to show all the bones and shells and things to a new person -- Graham was especially fascinated by the cow pelvis, which I pointed out made a great mask -- if you can get over the idea that you're putting your head inside a cow's pelvis. :) We wandered around downtown for a while, took a stroll by the river, and had an altogetherly lovely time. On Saturday afternoon we went to New Seasons for their curry tasting, and tried some delicious (and some very spicy!) curries. I love New Seasons -- they have a different tasting every weekend, and if you time it right you can make a meal out of it. :) The megaband contra dance was highly enjoyable on Saturday night; I have somehow managed to miss this particular annual dance each time it has occurred since I've lived here, so it was fun to finally go. Graham and I had a couple of wonderful waltzes -- I hogged him for both the waltzes, but they were really fun, so I don't think he minded. On Sunday we walked our tired feet to the Farmer's Market and tasted our way through all the produce stands, which is always a treat. Then we went to the Dollar Shoppe (a high-class establishment, not to be confused with the Dollar Store or the Dollar Tree) because Graham had heard so much about it. And then he had to go home. :( All in all, it was a wonderful weekend, and I'm not even feeling too terribly behind in my work. Of course, I've still got a couple days of hard slogging ahead of me, but I think I've got most of the data problems figured out now, and I just have to work on writing it up. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Quena said...

Yeah for happy visits! I can't wait till I get to go visit you! Love your new blog style by the way:-)

ANd LOVE YOU!!

Quena