Sunday, February 05, 2006

Not-So-Big News, but Still Very Happy-Making


I have new shelves! The space above my bed has been blank and empty since I moved in, because I couldn't think of anything worthy of occupying it. Well, John finally came up with the answer -- plants! Hooray! It's nice to have a place to show off my plants (where Alice won't chew them up, as I discovered her doing to the poor little spider plant the other day), and it's wonderful waking up to greenery (and purplery - that tumbling plant is magnificent!) overhead and all around. Anyway, it makes me very happy, so I thought I would share it.

Paul is starting some heirloom tomatoes from seeds he saved from our tomatoes last year, and he's going to bring them over to grow on my windowsill, since I get more light (and have more room) than he does. So I'll have more little plants starting! Hooray for more plants!

3 comments:

Tandava said...

Nice! I like it. I need to get some plants for my new place, too.

Lacey said...

Well, I'm taking cuttings of my purple plant and my umbrella tree, so maybe next time I come down I can bring you some baby plants to nurture. That is, if they let me on the plane. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they'll let you on the plane with the cuttings, just not the tool you used to cut them. I think they are even allowing nail clippers, now.