Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Check it Out


I made Alice a harness the other day, so we can take her outside and let her run around without worrying about her running away. She doesn't really like getting into it, but once it's on she pretty much just forgets about it. She doesn't like the leash, though!

I have been absolutely loving the weather here this last week. It's been bright and sunny and brilliant out. Looking out the window, it looks like spring, but when you go outside you realize that it's very nearly freezing outside, and your breath comes out in wonderful soft puffs in front of you. I just got back from rapper practice, biking across the Hawthorne Bridge. The clock display at Seattle's Best Coffee downtown said it was 1°C out, but since it was pretty much an uphill ride all the way home I was quite nice and toasty warm by the time I got home. What wonderful biking weather! I'm definitely enjoying dancing again, too. It's encouraging me to get in shape again, and it's a great excuse to ride my bike. So many dual benefits - having fun and staying in shape, which encourages me to have fun and stay in shape! What could be better? :)

In other news of note, I turned in all of my graduate applications this afternoon -- only to check my mail this evening to find my last official transcript had arrived. I had turned in my PSU application without it! Ooops! Fortunately, it's only my Portland Community College transcript and only represents 14 units, and I can probably go back and turn it in late and still have it included in my file. But, boy, did I feel stupid! I was juggling so many transcripts for the separate applications that I thought I had them all, but I had the unofficial PCC transcript for my departmental application, *not* the official one for the university application. Go ahead and tease me, I already feel dumb. :}

Tomorrow afternoon, some more exciting news should hopefully become official, so I will post about that soon. I like exciting news. :)

2 comments:

cristie said...

Good for you getting all of your applications in! Feels good to finally get it done, doesn't it? :) I hope you were able to turn in your final transcript without any trouble...

So, what was the other exciting news? I'm waiting eagerly. :)

Quena said...

Alice looks hilerious.:-) Lovely harness though. I miss you! And will see you most very soon, which makes me happy indeed!