Friday, March 19, 2004

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!


I just bought a car! Wow! It's a 2002 Hyundai Accent, dark grey, 2 doors, manual transmission, 20K miles, and gets about 40mpg on the highway. It's in great shape, it handles wonderfully, and it's soooo zippy! I didn't realize how much I enjoy driving a manual transmission. (Of course, this car is a far cry from the 1971 VW Superbeetle I started out in!) The dealership experience was rather excruciating, and I of course spent more than I had anticipated (and it wasn't even what I was looking for), but I got it for a fabulous price. It's still got 40,000 miles left on the factory warranty, and it's less than 2 years old, so it shouldn't have any problems for quite a while. I was a little down about the whole thing by the time the whole negotiation process was finished (I almost didn't buy the thing, but Hugo worked it out pretty well for me), but by the time I'd rounded the first bend up the hill to Hugo's house I was happy. Now I just have to sell Sylvia for a decent price so I can justify having a new car. :} This car is so fun! I'll take pictures tomorrow and post them, and take suggestions for suitable names. :)

No comments: