Monday, March 01, 2004

And there was much rejoicing....


Guess what I had this weekend -- a Mom-visit! She flew up on Friday morning and we spent the weekend shopping and getting amazing deals on everything, going to Powells, walking around downtown, watching movies, knitting, and chatting about life, the universe and everything -- you know, typical girl stuff. :P It was a wonderful weekend, and I now own a pair of boots! (This is a big step for me, made much easier by the fact that they were heavily discounted because the store was going out of business so they only cost $10.) We went to Value Village, always a favorite. The big bargain this trip was a full-sized, perfect-condition down comforter.... for $7.99! We shopped for two days and brought an enormous amount of stuff home, but really didn't spend all that much money, and Mom still managed to get it all into her suitcase! Yes, it seems strange that I survived two straight days of shopping, but I only seem to do it when I'm with Mom. I realized that I hadn't spent any money on clothes since the last time she was here in September! So, all in all, it was a very enjoyable weekend, and I still managed to finish my 8-page paper and my 3-page paper that are due tomorrow -- before dinner tonight! Boy, am I good. :P

No comments: