Tuesday, March 23, 2004

It's all downhill from here


Here being Hugo's house, which is on the top of a hill, and which is about to become my new home. Yep, I'm moving in with Hugo. Again. :} He's been living up here for the last few months and I've been keeping the apartment, since it's got good public transit access for getting to school, etc. But the apartment's drawbacks are beginning to outweigh its perks, mostly in the cigarette smoke department -- several of my neighbors smoke, and apparently not within the "non-smoking" rules of the apartment. What with the shared forced-air heating in the apartments, the smoke from their units gets drawn into the heating system and blasted out into everybody elses' apartments. The upshot being that everything in my apartment now smells like smoke, including my yoga mat, and every time I open the door I get hit by a blast of smoky air. It's not very pleasant. Anyway, what with one thing and another, I've found myself spending all the time I possibly can away from the apartment at Hugo's house, and have decided that it has become impractical to continue paying for an apartment I'm hardly living in. Which is why I bought my car, because I'll be driving to school next quarter and wanted something with a bit better mileage than poor gas-guzzling Sylvia. Anyway, to make a long story somewhat shorter, I'm "officially" moving some time within the next month or so (I still have to sort that out with my landlady), but am pretty much up at the house full-time now. I'll send out an email with my new contact details (after I get my computer up and running - see below), because I don't really feel like broadcasting that on the web. :}

I still haven't sold Sylvia, but I've got a couple of women interested in looking at her, so hopefully will show her once or twice tomorrow. I just want her to go to a good home (and I'd love it if another woman bought her!), so she doesn't feel neglected. And I promise, I will try to post those pictures of my new car soon. My computer is currently sitting in various piles of technology on the kitchen table at Hugo's house, and will hopefully be reassembled into a working unit some time in the next couple of days, and I'll post the pictures as soon as I can. :)

No comments: