Thursday, March 18, 2004

Vacation Time!


Finished my last final this morning, so I'm on Spring Break now -- hooray! It's hard to believe that my first quarter at PSU is over already. It's been a good quarter all in all, but it'll be nice to have a week off. I spent much of this afternoon cleaning up Sylvia (my lovely truck) in the hopes of selling her in the near future so I can buy a small car that gets better mileage. It's funny, when I spoke with a guy who was interested in coming over to look at it, I admitted to the cosmetic damage, saying something like "yeah, it's got a few dents and scrapes, and a bit of rust at the top of the cab." I honestly thought I was telling the truth, but I realized when I was washing her this afternoon that she's really pretty beat up all around. Lots more scratches and scrapes than I realized, and quite a bit more rust. And the jet washer I used unfortunately accelerated the peeling process around some of the rust spots. So she's not very pretty, but I still love her anyway. And I did advertise her as a "work truck" and warned that she's not cosmetically beautiful. :} So far I've only advertised her on Craigslist, because the Oregonian ads cost about $50 for the weekend, which is the best time, and she's not quite worth that at this point. I think somebody is coming around to look at her tomorrow morning, so we'll see how that goes.

Morris practice went really well tonight. We actually managed to run through quite a few dances with minimal review, which is great. Especially since we're dancing at the Pagan Faire on Saturday, and at the Rose Schnitzer Manor (an assisted living facility) next Thursday. Gigs are always good motivators for serious practice. :) And we had exactly 12 dancers for most of practice tonight, so we had a perfect two sets so everybody got to practice everything. I like it when practices happen like that. :) On a slightly related and random fun note, I've also been tagging along to Bridgetown practice for the last few weeks (except last night because I had to study). There's no way around it, I just like dancing with the men. (But haven't I always played with boys?) :)

Off to bed now. I need a good night's sleep to start off my vacation. :P

No comments: