Monday, February 25, 2008

Eastbank Esplanade

On Saturday morning Trisha and I went for a walk along the Eastbank Esplanade with our cameras and her dog, Winston. It was a beautiful day, bright and sunny (though I was glad that I was not fooled into leaving my long johns at home!), and I got to play around more with John's camera. I still couldn't figure out what most of the buttons did, but I got a few good photos.


View of downtown, with the Hawthorne Bridge - my favorite bridge for cycling (notwithstanding the fact that it was coming onto this bridge that I had my bike accident)


View of downtown and the Hawthorne Bridge, from underneath the Marquam (I-5) Bridge.


The Sellwood Bridge. Are we beginning to see a pattern? There's a reason Portland is called "Bridgetown"... eleven reasons, actually. :)


Not a bridge! Reflections of OMSI.


A cool propeller thing outside OMSI. I don't actually know what it's from, as I was too busy trying to stay out of cyclists' ways as I took the picture to read the plaque.


I liked the way the kayak and paddle matched the color scheme of the Cirque du Soleil tents on the other side of the river.


Gooseflight.


Landing!

Hmm, I just realized that this seems to be turning into more of a photo blog than a writing blog. Not sure how I feel about that yet.

No comments: