Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I didn't think I was out of shape...

I decided to start running again this week. It's been a long time. John and I had a pretty good running routine going in the fall, doing about two miles every other evening, but then when it started getting colder and we started getting busier we kind of stopped running. But the weather has been absolutely gorgeous the last couple of mornings, and since I don't have to leave for work until noon, I actually have the time to take a run, come home and take a shower, eat breakfast, and still have plenty of a morning left. So yesterday and today I ran a mile each morning, which felt pretty good; a workout, but not pushing it. I could definitely start to feel my quads going up and down the stairs at work today, though, and by this afternoon I was getting sore. Add to the two runs about an hour of ice skating on Sunday afternoon, and biking across the river and back this evening with an hour and a half of rapper practice in between, and my legs now feel like jelly.

On the bright side, it was warm enough for me to bike home in shorts and a tank top tonight - and it's still March!

:)

No comments: