Thursday, April 28, 2005

Making the Grade

Well, apparently the naturalist instructors liked my journals -- I got an A+! They sent comments out over email, and said, among other things, "Humor in your survival strategy was great and we think you would survive the apocalypse it in your back yard :)" (My first survival strategy for dealing with shelter, water, fire and food was to go back into the house.) Apparently my maps weren't quite as dismal as I thought they were, and it helped that I did some extra plant collection. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the grade, and I hope they like my reflection paper just as well. :) We have a tracking day at Oxbow Park this Sunday, which is optional for me (I'm taking the two-credit version rather than the four-credit version, so I'm technically done with the class at this point), but I'm going to go anyway, because I think it will be fun.

I actually feel like I'm in a strange mid-quarter lull at the moment; it's very strange. Last night I got home, went for a run, ate dinner studied for a little while and then went to bed early and read in bed before going to sleep. On a Wednesday night! It was kind of weird, but really nice at the same time. Tonight I'm going go home, eat dinner and call my brudder -- hooray!

No comments: