Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Well, whaddaya know?


I got a Congratulations! letter in the mail today, for making the Dean's List for PSU's College of Liberal Arts & Sciences. Apparently "The Dean's list recognizes a select group of students within the college who have demonstrated superior academic achievement." Funny, I never got one of these letters from Stanford. :} I didn't even know PSU had a Dean's List, or that those things actually existed, so I was kind of puzzled at first. But it's kind of nice. :)

In less happy news, while doing some last packing at the apartment this afternoon, I received a $150 parking ticket for trying to squeeze into the only available tiny spot on the block close enough to carry boxes to the car from the apartment. I guess they really didn't know that I needed to be in that spot in order to load my car, and that I really tried to squeeze in and leave the sidewalk ramp clear (and practically all of it was clear), but I still thought it was very very rude of them to give me a ticket. Grrrrrrrr...... Hugo thought it was kind of interesting that he managed to get my truck towed while moving into the apartment, and I managed to get an expensive parking ticket while moving out of it. All in all, I think it's a good place to leave behind.

No comments: