Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Touching gifts

Today my team had the last official team meeting that I will attend. My co-workers surprised me by bringing coffee and tea and baked goodies, and a gift - they bought me a journal to record my adventures, and in the front of it were notes and cards from all of my team members with personal messages and inspirational quotes. It was really sweet. I started to read them later that morning back at my desk, but started to cry, so I saved the rest of them for when I got home.

Several people gave me Thoreau quotes (you can probably guess which ones, since I am finally "going confidently in the direction of my dreams"), but the poem that touched me most was given to me by Jenn, written by Dawna Markova:



Perfect. Thanks, team - you've been fantastic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodbyes can be tough. What a wonderful farewell gift your colleagues have given you. I love the poem.