Friday, November 16, 2007

GRE-Free

Well, all I can really say is, I'm glad that's over!

The fallout (highest score is 800):
Verbal: 650 (I thought I did much better than this, but apparently I didn't)
Quantitative: 690 (not bad for an anthro major!)
Analytical Writing: I'll know in two weeks

It was quite an adventure getting to the testing location. I must say, I am eternally grateful for Portland's network of "Bike Boulevards," complete with signs, distances, and street markings. Unfortunately, the best bike directions in the world don't do anything about the fact that it's raining outside, so I sat my test completely soaked (and progressively colder, with the fan from the computer blowing directly onto my hands), and then, when my jeans had almost dried to merely damp, I got on my bike to go home. I had to wring out my jeans when I got home, and it will probably take my raincoat all weekend to dry. But I'm nice and toasty warm now, no harm done. :)

Hooray for not having to take the GRE again! (At least, not for another 5 years or however long the scores last....).

2 comments:

cristie said...

Congratulations, Lacey! The score out of 800 doesn't really matter ALL that much. What matters is the percentile you're in. The year I took the GRE's, I also got a 650 on the verbal, but that put me in the 92nd percentile. So you might only have gotten 650 on the verbal, but you might have done better on it than 92% of the people that took it. :) So good job!! And hooray for it being over. :)

Lacey said...

That's good to know. How do I find out what percentile I'm in? Is that included in the official score report, or do I have to look it up online somewhere?

I was listening to A Prairie Home Companion this afternoon, and there was a bit about being thankful for teachers who teach your kids about things like fractions so you don't have to. Because, after all, "When was the last time you had to multiply fractions?" Um, yesterday? :)