Saturday, April 22, 2006

Fresh bread and jam

... By which I mean fresh bread, hot out of the oven, and fresh strawberry-rhubarb jam, hot out of the jam-making pot. Soooooo good! I cheated a little with the jam - it's not strawberry season yet, so I used up the last of last year's strawberries that I had in my freezer. But the rhubarb was fresh from the farmer's market this morning, and boy, is this jam delish!

Unfortunately, I don't think that my oven likes to be on when the front left burner is on, because it seemed to blow the oven. So I had to take the risen loaves over to John's to bake them, since I was in the middle of jamming and needed the burner! They still turned out yummy, despite one of them being chucked onto the floor when the improperly placed oven shelf tipped over when I pulled it out. :}

By the way, Happy Earth Day, everybody! I spend several hours in the garden yesterday (with Alice!), and hope to get out again this evening. There was a big volunteer group planting native plants in our pollinator garden this morning, so it'll be fun to see what progress they made.

3 comments:

cristie said...

So I'm still waiting for you to start posting your recipes somewhere for us... :)

Lacey said...

I know, I know. I've thought about it several times since you last mentioned it (and indeed, every time I post a new item on my list), but I still haven't figured it out yet. It would be cool to have a link from the name to a recipe somewhere, but I need to figure out if and how I can do that. I'm working on it!
:)

cristie said...

Hmm. Maybe you need to have a recipe blog, that you can link to from your main blog? "Lacey's deLectables", or some such catchy title? :) You could also check here:

http://www.nibblous.com/

which would share your recipes with a wider community...