Monday, July 18, 2005

Small Pleasures

Yesterday at the farmer's market I was looking for eggs (among many other delicious things). Unfortunately, I got there pretty much right at the end of the market, so I wasn't very hopeful when I approached the one stall that had an "Eggs" sign. I queried, "do you have any eggs left?" and the young man answered, "No, I don't, I'm sorry." But then the woman (his mother?) said, "Well, actually, I have one duck egg left." I laughed and asked, "What do you do with one duck egg?" and she promptly responded, "Make an omelette!" So I bought the one duck egg for 60 cents and carefully carried it home in my hand on the bus. This morning I had scrambled duck egg with tomato, basil and sharp cheddar cheese - delicious! It was a fun little treat, and now I know what duck eggs taste like. :)

On a completely different note, but still in keeping with the theme of the post, check out this cool website that Cristie and I discovered last week. We were looking for pictures of one of the fountains close to campus, and ran across the Blake Andrews Photo website, with pictures mostly from the Portland area. I especially like the "Chameleons" section.

2 comments:

Tandava said...

Neat! I love that chameleon idea for photos.

Anonymous said...

I loved the chameleon photos - what a unique mind set he must have going through life. And what quick reflexes!
Trish