Saturday, July 30, 2005

It's over!

I am officially done with field school! Hooray! It's been a very fun experience, but boy, what a time and energy commitment! I'm ready for a bit of a break, that's for sure. And there are so many wonderful things still to come this summer, it's about time I got on to them. Like finally reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I broke down and bought it on Tuesday because I was passing by a Borders, and brought it home and promptly hid it away in the deepest darkest drawer of my desk so I wouldn't be tempted to open it until after field school. And I've been such a good girl -- I haven't even peeked at the table of contents. I'm probably not going to start it until tomorrow -- the last-day-of-field-school party is starting shortly, so I'm getting a ride back to Vancouver for that (we had a half-day today, which was nice, so I actually got to come home and take a shower before the party). I'm not totally thrilled about partying at the moment -- I'd much rather stay home and read Harry Potter -- but it could be fun. And besides, I made dirt cake! Complete with flood silt (grated chocolate), gummy worms, river rocks (also chocolate), and a gold coin (yep, that's chocolate, too) for the grand prize. So I have to go. :) Anyway, after tonight I'm definitely done with field school. Now I just get to wait for the permadirt on my hands, knees and elbows to slowly wear away... :)

1 comment:

Tandava said...

Oooh, dirt cake. Yum. I haven't had that in a while.

Have fun with Harry Potter. I'm about to start in on the audio version.