Monday, February 16, 2004

The Not-So GreatClips Experience


I got my hair cut this weekend! Twice, actually. I went to GreatClips to get it cut on Saturday, and the woman did such a horrible job that I had to go somewhere else and get it redone on Sunday. I was going for something intermediate -- short in the back, longish on top and in front, but the first woman cut it too short. I had brought in pictures of what I wanted and spent quite some time explaining exactly how I wanted it. She said, "Oh, you want a boy's haircut." I said NO, I did not want a boy's haircut. But she did it anyway, so I ended up with one of those bowlish cuts that looked absolutely awful. I think she at least realized that she'd cut it too short, because she kept asking me if it was okay. I said, "it'll grow back" and told her it was alright, even though it was far from alright, because I didn't want her to try to fix it. The next day Hugo took me to his favorite GreatClips to get it fixed up. So now it's back to how it was two summers ago when I first chopped it off -- about an inch long, shorter in the back, and kind of spiky. Pixie, she called it. It's sooooo much better. And she did it for free, even though I didn't have my receipt from the day before. She was pretty apalled at the job the other lady had done -- it was uneven in a number of places, and she spent quite a bit of time "fixing" it. She was very nice, and I'm getting used to the short hair again, even though I hadn't intended it to be this short. Oh, well. It'll grow. :)

Hugo and I went to the Vagina Monologues at PSU on Saturday. Nice Valentine's date, huh? :) It was fun. A couple of the monologues were marginal, but some of them were really good. I also bought a book called "That Takes Ovaries! : bold females and their brazen acts" which should be fun to read. :P

My only other exciting news of the weekend is that I rearranged my bedroom. Woohoo. :} Now I can get to both sides of the bed so I can make it properly. I'm sure you're thrilled. :P

No comments: