Saturday, June 21, 2003

Mmmmm..... strawberries...... We got the most amazingly wonderful delicious heavenly strawberries at the Farmer's Market today. Every one is a is a close-your-eyes-and-savor-each-molecule experience. We bought a mixed half-flat, half strawberries, half humungous plump juicy blueberries. Oh, so yummy! We gorged ourselves on the trolley on the way home, then I washed and put most of the rest in the freezer to keep for smoothies and pancakes and things -- yum!

Oh, and Renegade Rose danced at the Farmer's Market this morning. This is obviously secondary to the strawberries in my book, especially since I was not personally involved in the dancing. (Side note on that -- my knee is still giving me trouble, but I'm going to get it checked out as soon as my new health insurance starts up next month -- I'm finally getting benefits at work!!! Okay, enough of side note.) It was a grey day, with spatterings of sprinkles interspersed by bursts of sunshine which conveniently just happened to coincide with the times that we were dancing. And I'm not kidding! It was drizzling, and it cleared up and got sunny when we started dancing. We took a break and moved to a different area and it got snotty again, then the sun came up when we started dancing. It was quite convincing, and we made almost $30! :) Mom's drum made its debut as an implement of morris, and was well appreciated and highly complimented. Thanks, Mom!

I bought my copy of the new Harry Potter book today -- while I was grocery shopping! They just happened to have a whole table full of them, at a reduced price. I figured I wasn't going to find a better deal, so I just grabbed one. Boy, that thing's thick! I think I'm going to wait on it a little bit until I feel like I have some solid chunks of time to devote to it. But I have it! :)

No comments: