Saturday, March 01, 2003

It's daffodil season! We went for a run this morning and saw tons and tons of daffodils in peoples' yards, and along the sidewalk. And the cherry trees are all pink with blossoms. And the weather is absolutely gorgeous. It's all very happy. It was a lovely run. I wrapped my ankle and it was just fine the whole way. Even though I haven't run for a couple of weeks, I didn't feel like I was killing myself; it was very nice, and quite encouraging.

Hugo and I watched "Ice Age" last night -- absolutely hilarious! It has one of the best intros to any movie I've ever seen, and there were funny bits throughout the whole thing. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it if you're in the mood for some laughs.

Not much out of the ordinary to report for now. I went to Bridgetown practice on Wednesday night, just to watch. Boy, do they have a different energy then Renegade Rose! It's pretty amazing. RR practice Thursday night went alright, though I didn't dance much. We're going to have a bit of a push to get all of our kit ready by the March 22nd gig -- especially since we haven't even ordered the shirts yet! Roger, who used to be the Bridgetown hobby (a really cool troll -- very appropriate for a city with far too many bridges) has offered to be our hobby, and we've decided on a Greenman. I think it'll be really cool. Everybody was saying he should have a rose on his costume somewhere, for connection to Renegade Rose. My suggestion was one of those clown boutonniers that squirts at you -- I thought that would be great for summer gigs. :)

I've got tons of homework to do this weekend, so I'd better get started. I'm looking forward to this quarter being over. Both of my finals are on the same day (March 19), which isn't very fun. I'm just hoping they're not scheduled for the same time! I'll be glad to only be taking one class next quarter. I might actually have a tiny bit of something resembling free time! But probably not. :P

No comments: