Saturday, December 08, 2007

A Thrilling Discovery

I just discovered that my digital camera has a black and white setting -- that's so exciting! :) (Especially since I just put new color film in my borrowed SLR camera.) Unfortunately, the battery ran out as I was exploring things to take black and white pictures of, so I didn't get a whole lot of pictures. But now I have something new to play with tomorrow! :)

Here are a couple of photos I did manage to get. It's funny, things I would never think to take color pictures of somehow all of a sudden look good in black and white. It's like having new eyes!

Yes, I know this one is in color. I put it in to compare it to the black and white one below. Pthhh!


A black and white version of the same. It needs a less distracting background, but that's where the light was.


I liked the shadows in this one. Who ever thought my beat up kitchen chair could look cool in black and white? :)


Yes, I know I need a new mirror. No, it's not dirty, just really old.

2 comments:

Tandava said...

I like the chair and the second one of you. And do I ever get to see any of the photos you took at Thanksgiving?

Lacey said...

Yes, those were my favorites as well. I'm glad we agree. :)

I will bring the Thanksgiving pictures with me when I come down for Christmas. I didn't get them digitized because I wasn't sure if any of them would be any good... and most of them aren't. :}