Thursday, September 20, 2007

Small Pleasures

Some of the things that have made me happy recently...

~ Friendly seat-mates on homebound plane flights

~ An abundance of ripe tomatoes

~ An entire neighborhood that smells of freshly baked bread

~ Discovering that, after six years, I really can ride my bike with no hands

~ Strawberry blossoms in September

~ Just knowing that I have sourdough starter in the refrigerator

~ Local milk, yogurt & eggs from the co-op

~ Invigoratingly chilly morning biking weather

~ Huge batches of fresh homemade pesto, to be frozen for the winter

~ Free tickets to the opera

~ Realizing that, starting next week, I'll only be working 30 hours per week

~ Munching crisp Maine apples

~ One last weekend before school starts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is morris dancing?

Lacey said...

Hi Jessica,

Here's the Wikipedia page for morris dancing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_dancing. The team that I co-founded here in Portland is Renegade Rose Morris: http://renegaderose.net/

It's tremendous fun, but terrible for the shins and knees. :}