Thursday, December 08, 2005

Bachelorhood

Well, that’s it. I just turned in the last final exam of my undergraduate career. Yep, you’ve got it – I’ve finally graduated. Isn’t it amazing? And you thought I’d never get around to getting that piece of paper. Well, I haven’t actually gotten the piece of paper yet (in fact, I’m not even sure how I’m supposed to get it….), but the important part is, I’m done with all the work! Hooray!

Now it’s on to finding a job, which should be an exciting challenge. No, I’m not going to be an anthropologist, despite the fact that that’s the degree I just completed (well, alright, it was a double major in anthropology and social sciences, but I don't think I'm going to be a social scientist either). But don’t ask me what I am going to be, because I won’t be able to tell you that until I become it. :P

And, in case you’re curious, yes, I am going to be a student forever. I applied for post-bac admission at PSU and signed up for classes next quarter, so I’m all set to keep learning forever and ever. Hooray! And this way I don’t have to move! Double Hooray! I worked out the math and figured it would cost just about the same amount to move off campus and not take classes as it would to pay for eight credits (the minimum to qualify for student housing) and stay on campus. No contest – if it’s going to cost the same to learn as to not learn, by golly, what do you think I’m going to choose? :)

That’s about it for now. I’m a happy Lacey, looking forward to enormous amounts of cooking, baking, knitting and reading in the coming month. Oh, yeah, and job hunting…

Happy Thursday!


****************************
Current Magnetic Poetry:

sail through the lingering window
of yesterday
meet the torrent of the present
and reach out to catch
the translucent boquet
of tomorrow

3 comments:

Borden said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Bet it feels pretty good to finally get some validation for all your hard work ... and money.

cristie said...

Congrats, Lacey! Usually they don't mail you your official piece of paper until it's been long enough that you're starting to wonder if it really exists. I don't remember about my B.A., but my master's degree took six months to show up in the mail (yes, that's months)!

Good luck on whatever direction you end up deciding to choose next. And you know, being an anthropologist isn't *all* that bad... ;)