Sunday, August 31, 2003

Hooray! I finally put pictures up from Mom's birthday weekend! And it's not even December yet! :P Anyway, you can see them here.

On a completely unrelated note, making croissants is amazingly time-consuming. It's a two-day project, involving many steps of "roll to 20x8 inches, fold in thirds, chill 1/2 hour." I think we did that three times tonight. Now it chills overnight, and things really get going tomorrow. I think we might even be able to bake them some time tomorrow afternoon! :P It's very fun, though. We've been taking pictures the whole way, to make a croissant-making web page. :)

I'm very glad it's a three-day weekend. I've been sleeping soooooo much. Two-hour naps on both Friday and Saturday, and then 12 and 9 hours sleep at night. Wow. You'd think I've been sleep-deprived or something. It's certainly nice to sleep in. And have time to make croissants. :)

On a not-so-happy note, I lost my ring yesterday. The one I bought myself the day my Vision Quest ended two years ago. The strange thing is that, just a couple of days ago, I was thinking about losing it. Not necessarily a premonition, but just sort of wondering about the possibility, and how I'd feel if it were no longer in my life. So I've been thinking a lot about that, and wondering if there's a reason I lost it now. Just trying to be open, I guess. I think I need to do more of that.

No comments: